The Kerhartice village was mentioned already in 1382. The ancestral name is Gersdorf. We may find Kerhartice in the valley of Bystra river nearby Ceska Kamenice town. The local people used to make cotton, fabric dying and yarn whiting for living as well as glass treatment in nearby Kamenicky Senov village. A local legend narrates about a fortress “Assenburg” set right in the middle of the village as a possession of the Lutics familly from close Markvatice. The remains should have been marked as late as in 19th century.